Friday, March 12, 2010

"sigh...

Ok so imma probably get stoned by all the Bey and Gaga stans for this one...But I saw the "Telephone" vid...and twitter, the web as a whole and mad blogs etc etc have been all buzzing about the vid. Callin it "amazing", "bananas", "sick", and most of all "epic"...I"m sorry but EPIC?! Was it really?

Now let me first say that I LOVE the Bey and Gaga "VideoPhone" vid, and I had never even HEARD this "Telephone" song til I saw the vid just this morning. Seems to me like Bey let Gaga drive when creating this one, just like "Videophone" looked more Bey to me, which makes sense....but I gotta be honest and say I just don't SEE what all the hype is/was about. Yes it's a cool vid, yes they both look good in it, yes they're both BEYOND talented, and can preform their asses off truth be told. But EPIC?! EPIC ppl!?

MJ's "Thriller" THAT was epic...and no I'm not even attempting to compare the 2 to the Late Great...But I'm gonna need someone to explain to my why this video is all this and that...Why all the hype? What am I missing...seriously...I'd like someone to help me out here.

Like I said...it was coolish, entertaining or whatever...I like the SONG much better than the vid personally...So I'll leave it there..

Let the opinions flow cuz the web is FULL of em...

Peace!

4 comments:

NightFall914 said...

Just saw the full video.....entertaining.Well shot and "edgy" somewhat. It's more like vids I came up on that put effort into creativity then the genric vids today. This stands out among todays vids.

It wasn't bad.

DollFace said...

Never said it was bad, I said i didnt get all the "epic" comments. Gaga's vids have always been "edgy" and "stand out" so this ones epic because Bey's in it?

achoiceofweapons said...

I like Lady Gaga but much to my Daughters chagrin, I ain't that impressed! She reminds of Annie Lennox! Plus Elton John was very Flamboyant in the 1970's! She's not that original but she is interesting.

DollFace said...

Mista - My point EXACTLY! The video was cool, guess it just didnt DO anything for me...oh wells...