Friday, July 3, 2009

The Pursuit of Happiness...

Sometimes I think thing's faster than I can get them out. I had thought up the whole first paragraph of this blog before I even turned the laptop on lol...

But that's not the point/topic.

Everyone is familiar with the phrase/concept of pursuing happiness...But when you sit back and look at your life and the way you're living it...Can u say honestly that that's what you're doing?


First what makes you happy? I read somewhere or heard somewhere that if you get a job doing something you love you'll never work a day in your life. That made me smile...I know what I love to do, I know where i want to be...But can I honestly say the day to day living of my life is pointing me in that direction? Sometimes I'm not sure.

What career path makes you happy? Are you working towards that?
Who makes you happy? Are You around that person?

It's real simple but kinda complex. Living your life can carry you at such a fast pace sometimes the "happiness" takes a backseat.

I know so many ppl that pursue the dollar..(I guess in hopes that money will make them happy)
I know ppl that will pursue a relationship in the hopes of that person loving them back...(which i guess will ultimately make them happy)

But i guess i kinda feel like happiness has to start within.
You gotta be happy with YOU before the other stuff will start to fall into place.

I've had money, that doesn't do it..I have love, that only does part of it. I have a passion and that contributes too...

But when I sit and say am I doing what makes me happy? I gotta stop and think about my answer.

Weird.

I mean look at Michael Jackson's recent passing. That man was on top of the world. A living legend for most of his life. Preforming since 5, dead at 50. Toured the world, millions on top of millions of fans, and up until recently more money than anyone could possibly conceive. I read a post that said "I think we enjoyed his music more than he did".

It struck me because before all his scandal's you'd assume he's got to be happy..he's got it all.

But watch any interview...there was such a sadness about him. I'm gettin sidetracked...but my point is as cliche as it sounds...Life is SO short, and you only get one shot at it.

If you're not makin yourself happy when seriously what are you doing? I don't want to grow older feeling like i haven't "lived". Feeling like there's so much more I could've done, or wishing I could do it over cuz I spent so much of it living for others, or living the way I thought I was supposed to...

I'm tired of "going through the motions"....and I'm working daily towards happiness...

Not money, not to please others...not to live my life any other way but for ME.

Peace.

P.S - Curious...what really makes you HAPPY?

1 comment:

Best You Ever Had said...

What really makes me happy??? Hmmm... MYSELF!!!

As you said, we need to be happy within. If we are not, then how is it possible to have happiness for/with anything else???

From where I stand now in my life. I could look back and say I'm not disappointed because everything has landed me to where I'm at now. NO REGRETS!!! I love who I am and know that there is more to come that will continue to make me better through life.

I know what I want so its in my powers to make sure I get it. No one else could do it for me.

Don't live a lie, be true to yourself!!!