Friday, January 2, 2009

Romance...

I'd hate to think is TRULY dead...but when I read the real thing...the stuff they put in books and movies...it makes me wish I was living back in the days of chivalry, courting, love letters, "sigh..

I'm a sap to the core seriously...( yeah its geigh) but so what?

Here's some of what I been reading...if u can't follow the lingo...I'm sorry, I guess I'm just smarter than u...(I ,kid, I kid...but no...seriously)

Beethoven - Love Letters of Great Men

July 6, in the morning

My angel, my all, my very self - Only a few words today and at that with pencil (with yours) - Not till tomorrow will my lodgings be definitely determined upon - what a useless waste of time - Why this deep sorrow when necessity speaks - can our love endure except through sacrifices, through not demanding everything from one another; can you change the fact that you are not wholly mine, I not wholly thine - Oh God, look out into the beauties of nature and comfort your heart with that which must be - Love demands everything and that very justly - thus it is to me with you, and to your with me. But you forget so easily that I must live for me and for you; if we were wholly united you would feel the pain of it as little as I - My journey was a fearful one; I did not reach here until 4 o'clock yesterday morning. Lacking horses the post-coach chose another route, but what an awful one; at the stage before the last I was warned not to travel at night; I was made fearful of a forest, but that only made me the more eager - and I was wrong. The coach must needs break down on the wretched road, a bottomless mud road. Without such postilions as I had with me I should have remained stuck in the road. Esterhazy, traveling the usual road here, had the same fate with eight horses that I had with four - Yet I got some pleasure out of it, as I always do when I successfully overcome difficulties - Now a quick change to things internal from things external. We shall surely see each other soon; moreover, today I cannot share with you the thoughts I have had during these last few days touching my own life - If our hearts were always close together, I would have none of these. My heart is full of so many things to say to you - ah - there are moments when I feel that speech amounts to nothing at all - Cheer up - remain my true, my only treasure, my all as I am yours. The gods must send us the rest, what for us must and shall be -

Your faithful LUDWIG.

Sigh....when's the last time someone wrote YOU a love letter? I can't even remember the last time I got one....Maybe we don't make dudes work hard enough anymore...Maybe dudes just don't know any better now-a-days...Whatever the reason...I'll just stick to the great writers of yesterday...

3 comments:

hotredsly said...

beautiful beautiful

BrittaniMarie said...

I Lovvvvv LoVE Letters, sending flowers for no reason cute little things like that go along way.:)

123456 said...

I WRITE MY GIRL LOVE LETTERS ALL THE TIME =)