Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ho-Ho-Hum..

Is it just me or are holidays getting more and more blah? Maybe its because of the recession we're in right now, but I've never been HUGE on the whole "Holiday's" thing...



This year specifically people just don't see "happy"...I see more stressed looks on faces this year...not as many shopping bags walking through the malls...Its just and overall "quietness" (is that a word??)



I mean Thanksgiving for me was never major...I don't have a HUGE immediate family...my extended family could go on forever but that's a whole 'nother blog. Plus...I don't even like turkey, and the pretense of "let's all gather together and play family for 1 day" seems so phony and forced to me"



Now as far as Christmas..I LOVE receiving gifts...and I can truly say I love shopping for other people even more...(Granted I also know that this isn't what Christmas is actually ABOUT...but I'm not gonna get all deep and philosophical right now)



I tend to like Christmas a little more than Thanksgiving, and New Years can be cool depending on how I'm spending it...but in general...it just seems like a lot of "keeping up appearances". And doing that this year with the economy being what it is just has people walking around so stressed...it's all over their faces....



But thanksgiving is this week and I truly do have ALOT to be thankful for....I could list it for you but I just don't feel the need. I"m happy overall and that's enough.



So with that said...(and I hope I didn't sound like a big ole Grinch)



Enjoy the holiday's everyone...



Toodles...

No comments: